MYC Weekly COVID-19 Update 5/22/20
Your weekly Friday Minnetonka Yacht Club update is here! We will continue sending out a weekly Friday email with a list of updated services that are available. Unless a facility has been specifically declared as available, you should assume it is not available. We will be sending out notifications and cancellations of racing and events for a two week period as the situation is ever changing. We will also be including recommendations and limits for these services to provide a clearer picture of MYC functions in these rather uncertain times. This will also be on our website, so check for the status of MYC services.
We know this year of racing and socials will look drastically different, but want to remain flexible with the situation so plans and decisions will be sent out with a two week advanced notice. Of course, if there are immediate government restrictions or relaxations put into place that allow us to make decisions beyond a two week period, we will let you know.
As a club we are eager to get out on the water and out to the Islands, but please be patient as we work towards solutions to keep all of us and the community safe.
May 23, 24, 25 - MYC races are cancelled
May 25 - Memorial Day Picnic is cancelled
May 30, 31 - MYC races are cancelled
June 1 - LHI outdoor picnic area open by reservation only, final decision 5/29
June 3 - Wednesday Grill Night is cancelled
June 3, 6, 7 - MYC races are TBD, final decision 5/29
Please continue to familiarize yourself with the Outdoor Recreation Guidelines as they have recently been updated by the DNR.
MYC amenities that are currently available as of May 22, 2020
CBF Parking Lot - Open
CBF Slips - Open
CBF Ramps - Open
CBF Docks - Open
CBF Porta Potty - Open
CBF Buoys - Open
Bug Island Lifts/Docks - Open
CBF Crane - By appointment only here
CBF & Park Ave. Rowboats - Open
Pontoon Shuttle Service to Bug Island - Weather Dependent
Weekdays 4PM - 8:30PM to Bug Island ONLY
Weekends 10:30 - 8:30PM to Bug Island ONLY
Please be on the look out for your next update no later than May 29th. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we navigate through these new waters. We look forward to safely welcoming you to the Minnetonka Yacht Club facilities this season as we can safely open them.