MYC Seasonal Employment - Position Filled!
Updated: Feb 26
MYC Club & Grounds Keeper
The Minnetonka Yacht Club (MYC) is seeking a Club & Grounds Keeper to provide professional maintenance and repair services for MYC facilities, grounds, and club boats during the sailing season from April through October. Weekly hours are weather dependent and average 40 hours a week, with some flexibility in hours and days, including weekend hours. There are several key dates in which the Club & Grounds Keeper must be in attendance or on-call.
To perform maintenance and repair activities at the Minnetonka Yacht Club to ensure the reliable operation of MYC facilities and equipment, including buildings, boats and motors, grounds, parking lots, boat landings, walkways, crane and docks. Ensures all facilities and equipment are ready for weekly events, regattas, and weddings.
• The Club & Grounds Keeper reports to the Executive Director
• Works with MYC’s Event Hosts, Pontoon Drivers, Race Committee, vendors, members and volunteers, and the Lake Minnetonka Sailing School
• Assists with day-to-day training, work direction and supervision of seasonal staff
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities between April and October include but are not limited to the following:
• Plans and performs routine maintenance and projects for landscaping, grounds maintenance and beautification
• Performs boat and motor maintenance, including routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and winterization
• Plans and executes construction and repair projects on docks, sheds, and buildings
• Coordinates with outside vendors to complete larger and more complex projects
• Communicates with the Executive Director, volunteers, and other employees to ensure that grounds and buildings are properly cared for at all times
• Trains and provides day-to-day supervision for seasonal grounds maintenance and pontoon drivers
• Responsible for seasonal opening and closing of facilities
• Works with the Executive Director to plan maintenance, upgrades and repairs that conform to the MYC annual operating budget
Required Qualifications & Skills
• Extensive handyman experience (carpentry, electrical and/or plumbing), including the ability to identify, troubleshoot and solve facility and equipment maintenance and repair issues
• Groundskeeper skills, including maintenance and landscape improvement projects
• Ability to maintain and repair boats and motors (excluding major repairs)
• Must be comfortable working in a marine environment and experienced with driving, operating, and troubleshooting boats, including pontoons
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including basic supervisory experience for seasonal employees
• Time management skills are essential; must be flexible to move between multiple projects depending on weather and priorities
• Ability to work with a variety of people and handle stressful situations calmly
• Organization, tidiness, and respect of MYC property and equipment
• Ability to lift 60lbs from floor to countertop
• Experience making “build or buy” decisions to stay within budgets
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to self-manage
This position is a nonexempt, seasonal, hourly position. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To Apply Please send a resume and statement outlining how your skills and experience align with the needs of the Minnetonka Yacht Club, to email@example.com. Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can apply here directly.